Contentment

By Angel Apurillo

It isn't what you have or who you are or where you are or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about it.
― Dale Carnegie

What are the things that would make us happy? Is it a big house? A brand new car? The latest cellphone or gadget? Money, perhaps?

Does it make us satisfied if we travel to different places? Or have a pretty and sexy wife or girlfriend? A high paying job, maybe?

But when we get the chance to have it all, is it really gonna make us felicitous? Is it gonna make our lives better?

Is There Really True Happiness?

To many people, happiness is the state of mind that "wants" are satisfied. Its the drive to have something or someone to be fulfilled. Many think that by having what they want makes them happy.

But humans are never satisfied. Its in his nature. Even if he has everything, there would still be a little space that needs to be covered.

So we get to a conclusion that there is really no happiness if we base it on material things or if we think of ourselves only. We only get temporary fulfillment.

So, How Do We Get True Happiness?

There's really nothing in this world that would really make us happy. Even if we have billions of dollars to buy and have things that we want, there would always be a missing part inside of us that needs to be filled.

Take Aladdin for example. He could have been the richest man in the world since he had a genie that would grant him his wishes. But he did not. Why?

Because he is contented with his life. He's confined with what he has. He already have Princess Jasmine, The Genie and his friends.

Unless we are contented with what we have, we'll never gonna be happy. Being content is the state of being that we are quite satisfied with what we have.

So, is being content is to be happy? Partially correct. That's my opinion.

Am I Contented?

Of course not. I'm only human not to wish to have it all.

I'm not gonna be a hypocrite to say that I'm already contented with my life. I have my wants just there in the back of my head, waiting for its moment.

What I'm saying is that I'm contented for the moment. And until I have something I want to have or achieve, I'll circumscribe.

What I do is that I don't complain with what I don't have. That's the important thing. To be contented with what we have and don't complain. Because with complaining, you invoke and invite bad things and will make your situation worse.

Now what I'm saying is to be contented for the moment and don't complain. You have more than enough than any other people. So stop complaining.

Kapish!