2013 Year End Report

By: Angel Apurillo

"We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day."
- Judith Crist

If you're reading my original blog, 9MM-zine, I have been reviewing my life annually according to the categories that I had made. Financial, entertainment, career and others that matters to me. I transferred it here since I'm trying to segregate topics from one blog to another.

I made a few changes because Sreetsmart Guides is all about sharing ideas. So with this post, I want to enumerate the things that happened and what I've learned from it.

Again, as for many people, 2013 for me has been a combination of highs and lows. There are good things that happened in my life and career this year that I'm so proud of. Here are the highlights of what transpired for this year...
  • Promotion. I have been eyeing this position since last year and I was able to get it after two tries. There are several things added to my life now because I want this job. So I don't have the right to complain about receiving many jobs as I expect. This is the work I asked for so live with it and appreciate it.
  • Yuri. Although he is not planned, he is a gift to us. He almost did not make it but because of GOD, he wants us to have Yuri and I thank HIM for this wonderful and amazing gift.
  • Resolved Issues. There are several issues that I have been trying to resolve but it seems there are issues that need to be fixed by itself. Again I give thanks that some, if not all, are resolved. Sort of.
  • Meeting Old Friends. In the earlier part of the year, I was able to meet some old friends. Friends that were there when I was down. I really appreciate and thankful for friends like them.
  • iPhone and Tablet. I was able to get myself some new stuffs that I only dreamt of having. The iPhone 4 was a gift from my wife after I purchased her an iPhone 4s. The 7-inch tablet was a gift to myself for reading and other social media activities I have.
  • Streetsmart Guides. I was able to create this blog this year because I need to share the things I learned. If time permits, I want to have more articles published here in the coming years.
But of course, its not a whole year full of good things. Of course, there are things that I'm not proud of doing but I'll list them anyway.
  • Family issues. Of course, there is no perfect family. We have our downs as well. But when there are lows definitely there are highs. I'm optimistic that my relationship with my wife will last a very long time.
  • Finances. I have a goal this year that needs to be fulfilled. Its needed by my family and I want to achieve it. For my family's convenience and safety, I need to get it. Of course, I have to attend to our monthly expenses. Hopefully, we can manage our finances.
  • Unfulfilled Goals. Although these goals has not been fulfilled and reached, I'm determined to reach it by next year. I wish that I'm not going to be gallant to give in to some gimiks.
  • Feeling Left and Neglected. I'm looking for some appreciation for some work I've done but I don't receive any. I think I need to reassess myself that I don't need any appreciation to continue what I'm doing.
These are the things that kept me going and this is my life. This is the choice that I made so I have to live with it and make something out of it. Share it if you want.

Kapish!