2014 Declarations

By: Angel Apurillo


Tomorrow, is the first blank page of a 365 page book. Write a good one.
- Brad Paisley

I have been doing this resolution at the start of every New Year. It gives me a sense of direction. A purpose to look forward to in the coming months of the year.

However, for some reason, I never completed those resolutions. Maybe a few but not all.

But this year, I’m determined to fulfill all of them. And with this article, I share to you my goals and resolutions. I categorized them so that it will be easier for me to identify.

Let’s start with my health. I’m not getting any younger and I want to watch my children grow up. So I need to build a habit that will be beneficial to my health:
  • Quit Smoking
  • Exercise
  • Eat a banana or an apple a day
  • Sleep for 6-8 hours
  • Eat on time
  • Drink lots of water
Next up will be my hobbies. To fight stress of everyday living, I need to loosen up by doing things that I love to do. And to eliminate stress I have to do it often. And these are the things I need to do:
  • Read a book every month at least
  • Sketch a comic book character
  • Write more articles
  • Finish my e-magazine and e-comics
  • Watch a movie / series at least once a month
  • Listen to new music as often as possible
Another thing that I need to develop and improve is “myself”. Self-improvisation is the most difficult because its going to be against your inner self. Its like trying to battle the monster inside. Hopefully I can get some good punches and knockdown these goals:
  • Lessen procrastination
  • Prioritize family
  • Be proactive
  • Self discipline
  • Save money
I want to achieve things before the year ends. So this is a list of things I want to have complete:
  • Learn to drive
  • Have a professional driver’s license
  • Have a passport
  • Go to Baguio with my family
  • Have a car / owner type jeep
  • Invest in the stock market
There you have it. My goals and resolutions for the new year. I want to cross them all out by the end of the year. I am looking forward and confident that most will be taken out.

Kapish!