5 Things I Learned From Frozen

By Angel Apurillo


"Some people are worth melting for." - Olaf
I usually watch movies at home. At the comfort of my own seat and together with my family, Its the best time to spend time with my kids and my wife. Once I setup our DVD and pushed the play button, happiness starts.

Of course, since my kids will watch with us, we always choose films that suited for their age. And as a part of my "Things I Learned From..." series, I'll be listing things that I learned from the movie...

Frozen

An animated film from Disney that won 2 Oscars for Best Animated Film and Best Song for "Let It Go". And it is the subject of my article. Let me enumerate what I learned from "Frozen"
  1. Forgive Yourself. It is not always our fault. Sometimes we have to forgive ourselves so that we can move forward. The world will always understand and it is not the end of the world when you did something wrong.
  2. Trust. Its not easy to trust anybody nowadays. There are always people that will hurt us. Always learn how to choose our friends and give them our trust. Sometimes we end up being hurt but at least we know who to entrust ourselves with.
  3. Be Strong. Even princesses have problems. So don't think that we have the biggest problems. All problems have their solutions. So just be strong to take it all.
  4. Sacrifice. Anna sacrificed herself to save her sister, Elsa. Even at the brink of costing her life. Sometimes we need to sacrifice what we want so that others can be happy. When we do it, it feels light and right.
  5. Fear. Don't let fear conquer us. Its almost always the root of all evil things. And even if we don't notice it, its slowly creeping up. Just be mindful of fear and we can always conquer it.
My daughter loves the movie. So most likely, I'll be able to add more things here by watching it over and over again.

Kapish!