Choosing A Signature

By Angel Apurillo


"Every thought you produce, anything you say, any action you do, it bears your signature."
 - Nhat Hanh
I have been experimenting and signing my signature for a legal document. I have wasted a few pieces of paper while doing it because I want it to be all the same(at least). And I noticed something. I don't like my signature.

I liked my signature when I was first composing it. It was like I can sign some autographs for hours with how beautiful my signature was. It stucked with me and I used it for my legal documents like IDs, certificates and others.

But while practicing again my signature (I don't sign or use my signature as often as before), I thought that I should've chosen an easier signature. And I can't go back anymore since I used my signatures on all my documents.

I can't change my signature anymore.

So here are some points to consider on how to choose your signature.
  1. Easy. It should be easy and smooth. You can tell that even if your eyes are closed, you can sign without having problems like if its inline or if its aligned.
  2. Difficult To Forge. Create and choose a signature that only you can make. The strokes should be personalized and fine to give the forger a hard time copying the signature.
  3. Definition. Choose a signature that will suit you. You will be using this throughout life and it is better use the one that has class and will take you places.
  4. Practice. Don't forget to practice it so that it would be second nature to you. Don't let typing take out your penmanship and signature.
Its too late for me to change my signature. So make sure you choose wisely and don't make the same mistake as me.

I'll just like and love my signature again.

Kapish!