Never Please Anybody

By Angel Apurillo

"I can't tell you the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."
 - Ed Sheeran

I have been a jester and a pleaser of people all my life. I love to show my empathy and help them in any possible way I can. As much as possible, I want to resolve their issues for them.

But I learned the hard way. I can't really help them with all their problems. Even Superman cannot help everybody in need.

So I formulated a rule for myself and I want to share it to all of my readers...

Don't Please Anybody

Everybody wants to help. I know. I am guilty of it. I want to help everybody in need and those that are in need.

But sometimes, the help they need are already out of your hand and time. Sometimes directing them to the right channel is the best help you can do for them.

Intelligent people knows the boundaries of people they are asking help from. If they get a redirection, they'll understand.

While stupid people get their help from anybody. And when its not granted, they'll gonna make it as one of your flaws. And worse, they're gonna make a fuzz about it.

So remember, don't please anybody. You can do as much as you can and you know your limits. Just say "NO" if you can't do it.

Remember, anything you do or say, anyone has something to say about it. Negative or positive, it doesn't matter. They already commented about it. So don't bother to learn it.

As long as you know you are doing the righteous thing, then do it. Without  thinking of people The world will understand.

Kapish!