Simple Pleasures I Can Instantly Have

By Angel Apurillo

“Simple pleasures are best.” 
 - Alan Bradley
A lot of us, including me, get sad and feel worse when somebody hurt us. Or if the situation is unbearable like losing a phone or getting sick or finding out that you have been cheated. These are the things that make us sad, lonely and desperate of being happy.

And some people tend to go to a nearby beach to unwind and think about things. Some people get drunk (I used to do this before) and party like there is no tomorrow. And some other things that only a few would be able to do.

Some of us, including me, are just looking to the simpler things. I need not to go to a place where I need to forget things that happen to me. Or I don't need to get drunk several times (just once is enough) to forget things that makes me miserable.

There are simple things to counter our sadness. A lot of people might disagree, but these works for me:
  1. Laughs. I am delighted when I hear someone laughing. Especially my family and friends. It is a sign that they still there for me no matter what the situation is. Its their laugh that make me stronger to trials and sadness that will come ahead.
  2. Food. I am easily fulfilled and happy whenever I'm filled by my favorite food. The instant calm will be chocolate and ice cream but its more pleasurable if its a complete meal. I'm doing it in moderation and it is just for relieving the stress.
  3. Sex. If you're a married man like me, its easy. If you're single and you don't have someone to make out with, its difficult. But it soothes the feeling and make the body feel lighter. There are studies that sex drives stress out of the body.
  4. Hobby. Find a hobby that you want to do. Definitely, it will make you feel lighter and more happy, You'll be able to forget things that make you sad.
  5. Compassion. I haven't done this item for a while but I want to get back to it so that I can feel what others are feeling. To compare the feeling that I have at the moment with theirs for a lifetime is what will drive you that what you're feeling right now is bullshit against theirs.
So don't worry. Don't fret to be sad. Things will get better and nothing is constant. Right now you're in the ditch but someday you'll be on top again. Make sure you stay there and pull up people that needs to get there also.

Kapish!