4 Reasons You Need Human Touch

By Angel Apurillo

Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, alistening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, allof which have the potential to turn a life around.”

In the age of technology, people are engaged with virtuality. Everything needs to be online to be happy. Online games, social networks and other online activities are keeping us busy with our lives.

Even myself is guilty of it. I thought that I can live in an island alone by having my computer, my phone and an internet connection. But I was wrong.

We don't touch each other anymore. We don't shake hands, do high fives, hug each other and tap each others' backs anymore. We are not physically connected anymore.

We still need to be connected to people. Literally and in reality. We need human touch.

Why do we need human touch? Let me count the reasons:
  1. I feel relieved. Whenever I have bad day, I ask my wife or daughter to give me a hug. In that simple way, I feel that I'm loved and relieved of the bad things happening to me.
  2. It reduces stress. As I have said above, I feel that a big chunk of burden has become lighter. Just with a simple hug, it all goes away.
  3. I feel that I'm loved. Whenever my wife gives me a hug or at least hold hands, I feel that I'm secured and loved.
  4. It boosts my morale. A hug or a simple tap on my back and saying "Good job!" is enough for me to do more. So I see to it that I do it also to my reports but I'm just mindful of people that are not into that.

I know there are some other reasons, but this is what I learned from experience. I read that physical contact will make your life longer. Time will only tell if this is true for me.


Kapish!