Resolving Fear

By Angel Apurillo

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
 - H.P. Lovecraft

As Master Yoda of the Star Wars franchise always said, "fear leads to suffering." A path to the dark side. A metaphoric statement but its true.

With fear, you become a different person. Just like what happen to Anakin (if you watched the movie) that he eventually embraced the Sith. His fears were losing Padme and his mother. He killed all Jedis including the younglings and Mace Windu.

Well, we are only humans and its given to be scared of things. I, myself, have fears of my own. I fear of my children might lead to be worst people, my wife leaving me, losing my job and others that would make me the lowest person on Earth.

But I have resolutions for it not to happen. I already accepted things and I want to share it with you...
  • Don't Worry. With worrying, there is already fear. So to eliminate fear, don't worry. Everything's gonna be alright. Its not the end of the world so don't worry and everything's gonna be fine.
  • Live In The Present. Past is already done. We don't know what will happen in the future. So, just live the present day. Do the necessary things today and don't worry what will happen tomorrow. God has plans and I'm sure its not bad that we can't handle. Just do your usual stuffs presently and be happy with it.
  • Controllable Against Uncontrollable. We can't resolve a natural disaster or things that we don't have control of. Just make sure you're prepared for it and don't worry. Handle the things that you can and leave the rest to Him.
These are just the things I learned to overcome fear. Its not the best but I know you get the logic. These worked for me. I hope these will work for you as well.

Kapish!