Don't Be Afraid To Fail

By Angel Apurillo

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."
 - Michael Jordan
Everyone fails. Even great men failed numerous times before succeeding. And we are not excluded from them.

I have also failed so many times. I can't count how many times but I can enumerate some:

  • Quitting Smoke. I have tried different techniques but I still fail.
  • Saving Money. I have tried several times to save money for our future. But after a few hundreds of money, there are things that comes up that needs finance. Bottom line, I spend the saved money.
  • Meeting Expectations. I failed people that are relying on me. My wife, children, my boss and my direct reports are among the others that counted on me. And I failed them.
  • As A Human Being. I failed the whole world on how I contribute to it. To have the world be better.

But the lesson I learned from all of these, is to not give up. There is still time to have a successful life. A more meaningful life. Without smoking, having enough money, deliver to everyone that counts on me and live a life.


So don't be afraid of failing. Its part of life and there is nothing you can do about it. Try, fail, repeat until success.

Kapish!