What's After Graduation?

By Angel Apurillo

"It is virtually impossible to compete in today's global economy without a college degree."
 - Bobby Scott
There will be a multitude of graduates every year and again there will be a survey about jobs that's gonna be available. There will be some surveys that will say that some percentage are gonna be unemployed, then some will say that there will be a number that's gonna be underemployed.

Well for me these surveys are BS! Why? Because they tell people what to do. Control how their lives will be lived. Well that's another BS!

So to the batches that will be graduating, think about some of my ideas that might help mold your future. I don't say follow this but at least give you an eye opener.

  • Things You Learned. The course that you studied isn't really the world need. Unless you already hacked the FBI database, then the things you learned are useful. But until then, stop thinking that if you graduate as an IT, you know things on how to manipulate the IT world.
  • Work First For Your Mother Country. She helped you learn the things you know. So help back by making the country make use of you. At least for a few years. Don't be blinded by mere money and opportunities in other countries. If it doesn't make any difference in our country, then I salute you and forbid your lack of interest of our homeland.
  • Gain Experience. Before you can go abroad and work there, you have to be experienced. So think of it as doing On-Job-Training with pay. Then if you still want to go abroad to work and earn hefty money, then go ahead. At least, you stayed and helped the people of the country.

I don't want to be a slave outside our country and I can still earn that large money if I want to. Those are my reasons that I don't want to work abroad. I want to help my country, pay taxes (even though I know it doesn't work for me) and be with my family.


Kapish!