Ending Songs


"When your time comes to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home."
 - Tecumseh

When people die, or at least they know that they are dying, they want to have their favorite songs played while they are being mourned. Even though the dead won't be able to listen to it, at least they can bring it to their afterlife.

I don't want to wait for that moment. I want to list down my "Ending Songs". I want these songs to be played while being mourned and while dead body is being brought to its last destination. Anyway, a dead man's wish can't be broken.

So here's a list of what I call my "Ending Songs"...
  • Kaleidoscope World, Mga Praning, Meron Akong Kwento and all the songs here by Francis Magalona
  • At Nakalimutan Ang Diyos, Bayan Bayanan,  Multo and Metamorphosis by The Wuds
  • Fade To Black, Wherever I May Roam and Bleeding Me by Metallica
  • NIB, Iron Man, War Pigs, Paranoid and Sabbath Bloody Sabbath by Black Sabbath
  • One Love, No Woman No Cry and Redemption Song by Bob Marley
  • Stairway To Heaven by Led Zeppelin
  • Sound Of Silence by Simon and Garfunkel
  • The End, Riders Of The Storm and Break On Through by The Doors
  • Alaala by Tropical Depression
  • Weightless, As Oceans, Mata Ng Diyos, Change, Roadworthy Man and Natutulog Kong Mundo by Wolfgang
  • Giyang, Tabi Ng Bulkan, Banyo Song and Pepe The Hepe by Razorback
  • Knockin' On Heaven's Door and Yesterday by Guns N' Roses
  • Alive, EvenFlow, Black, Glorified G, Betterman, Corduroy and Last Kiss by Pearl Jam
  • Glycerine and other songs from the Sixteen Stone album by Bush
  • Rape Me, Heart Shaped Box, Lithium, Come As You Are, The Man Who Sold The World, by Nirvana
  • Dead and Bloated, Plush, Wicked Garden and Interstate Love Song by Stone Temple Pilots
  • Crawling and In The End by Linkin Park
  • Fell On Black Days, The Day I Tried To Live, Just Like Suicide, Fresh Tendrils and Burden In My Hand by Soundgarden
  • Free Fallin' by Tom Petty
  • Ang Huling El Bimbo and Sa Wakas by Eraserheads
  • Planet Caravan, 5 Minutes Alone, Broken and Cemetery Gates by Pantera
  • Sayaw Sa Bubog and Reklamo Ng Reklamo by The Jerks
  • Buloy, Inuman Na and Silvertoes by Parokya Ni Edgar
  • ChickSiLog, Halik, Martin Nyebera and Darna by Kamikazee
  • Ticket To Ride by The Beatles
  • Leaving On A Jet Plane by either John Denver or Chantal Kreviazuk
  • Ironic, Hand In My Pocket and Head Over Feet by Alanis Morrisette
  • Underneath It All by No Doubt / Gwen Stefani
  • I Don't Want To Miss A Thing, Amazing, Crazy and Cryin' by Aerosmith
  • Heaven Beside You and Rooster by Alice In Chains
  • Perfect by Simple Plan
  • Creep by Radiohead
  • Puting Ilaw by Advent Call
  • Lullabye and Will I Survive by Introvoyz
  • Paglisan by Color It Red
  • Piece Of This and Panaginip by P.O.T.
  • Salamat by The Dawn
  • Burnout and Hari Ng Sablay by Sugarfree
  • Biglaan by 6 Cycle Mind
  • Silent Lucidity by Queensryche
  • Like A Stone, Show Me How To Live,  I Am The Highway by Audioslave
  • Sunshower by Chris Cornell
  • Say Hello To Heaven and Hunger Strike by Temple Of The Dog
  • Are You In, Drive and  Wish You Were Here by Incubus
  • My Way by Frank Sinatra
  • You're The Inspiration and Glory Of Love by Chicago 
  • Yesterday Once More, I Won't Last A Day Without You, Close To You , We've Only Just Begun and Sing by The Carpenters 
  • I Will Always Love You, Run To You and I Have Nothing by Whitney Houston
  • Hari Ng Sari Sari by Bonehead
  • Bohemian Rhapsody, Radio Gaga, Somebody To Love and I Want To Break Free by Queen
  • One Day by Matisyahu
  • Black Or White and Gone Too Soon by Michael Jackson
  • American Pie, And I Love You So and Vincent by Don McLean
  • Tears In Heaven by Eric Clapton
  • Viva Forever by Spice Girls
  • I Want It That Way, As Long As You Love Me, Everybody by BackStreet Boys
  • Picture Of You by BoyZone
  • Uptown Girl by WestLife
  • Lost In Space by Lighthouse Family
  • 500 Miles by The Proclaimers
  • I'd Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That) by Meatloaf
  • It's My Life, Never Say Goodbye and In These Arms, Livin' On A Prayer by Bon Jovi
  • Sorry and Love Yourself by Justin Beiber
  • Fight Song by Rachel Platten
  • Highway to Hell - AC / DC
  • Let It Go by Idina Menzel
  • Hello and Someone Like You by Adele
  • Burn by Tina Arena
  • Roar and Firework by Katy Perry
  • Blank Space and Shake It Off by Taylor Swift
  • What Makes You Beautiful and Story Of My Life by One Direction
  • Bang Bang by Jessie J, Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj
  • She Will Be Loved and This Love by Maroon 5
  • Someone To Watch Over Me by Ella Fitzgerald 
  • Wild Thing by Major League Movie OST
  • I Saw The Sign by Ace Of Base
  • Somebody That I Used To Know by Gotye X Kimbra
  • Good Riddance by Green Day
  • Great Balls Of Fire by Jerry Lee Lewis 
Comedy

It's still incomplete. I'll just update this page whenever I want to add some songs to this list or until I have no chance to update this.

There's a ton of songs I want to be shuffled and played during my wake. I also wanted to have a playing mp3 player (with all these songs) to be buried with me so that I can still listen to it while travelling the never-ending blinding light.

Kapish!