Don't Yell

By Angel Apurillo


"A child who is allowed to be disrespectful to his parents will not have true respect for anyone."
 - Billy Graham
One of the greatest things that happened to me is when I became a father. It was the most amazing feeling in the world. I was able to procreate and bring my line to the world.

When my daughter was born, her routine was drink, sleep and poop. And aside from that there is a nanny that will take care of her whenever we are at work. So my life is somewhat easier. It lasted for about a year.

And as she grow, her personality is surfacing. And the kid in her is also developing. So whenever she does something wrong, we always shout "No!!!"

We thought that it is the right way to train a child. But little by little we noticed that it was wrong. So in this article, I'll be sharing why its not right to yell at your child.
  1. Keep Calm. Yelling at your child gives them the notion that shouting is normal. I noticed it when I was shouting at my daughter because she's doing something wrong or she's in her tantrum mode. She'll yell back at me. It gets me irritated and at the same time angry at her. So keep your acts together and keep calm.
  2. Talk. Talking to your child in a nice and simple way will get them to listen. At first, of course they will not listen but with repetition, it will become a habit for them. Its going to be a win win situation for both you.
  3. Consistency. When its being done consistently, the child will learn how to do it on her own. Shouting will just worsen the situation. So do it in a calm manner and be consistent and you'll reap the rewards.
Don't shout at your kids. It will just worsen her development and it will just make them unconfident in the future. Just try these it you'll see the results.

Kapish!