52 Week Savings Challenge

By Angel Apurillo


"If saving money is wrong, I don't want to be right!"
 - William Shatner
I'm pretty much sure most of us have savings as an opportunity. I, myself, have been trying to save money for several purposes. May it for a gadget, travel or just to have something for myself. But I fail everytime.

I usually put my financial responsibility first. Rent, bills and other payables that are necessary for my lifestyles. Of course, my family's expenses are also a priority. So when my pull up my wallet, nothing is left.

So I got up from my failures and decided that saving money would need to be an accomplishment for me. And luckily, I found out an easy scheme to help me with tis dilemma.

In this 52 week savings challenge, I just tweaked it a little bit so as togive me more mone at the end of the year. Here are the rules I set:
  1. Every week, I have to save 20 pesos.
  2. It will increase on the following week multiplying it with the corresponding week. For example, 20 multiplied by 1 on the first week, the result will be the amount of money needed to be saved for that week.
  3. On the second week, 20 pesos multiplied by 2 (2nd week) is equal to 40 pesos then add it to the amount from the first week. The total amount will be current savings.
  4. Just continue doing step 3 and make sure that I will not sped the money.
  5. At the end of the year, which the 52nd week, I'll have around 28 thousand pesos.
With this challenge, its really easy to save and there is no way that I will miss my target amount. With this I can buy something that I really need.

Kapish!