Learning To Say "No"


"I refuse to please others at the expense of my emotional well-being. Even if it means saying NO to people who are used to hearing YES."

 - Lulu

I'm a "yes" person. I always say yes to people who ask me favors. From asking money to get something from me that are really cannot be paid by anything. We have that phrase in Filipino about "Utang Na Loob". And that's really unpayable.

But over the years, being that person is really not good. I mean being a "yes" person is really bad for people.  I can attest to that...

You can be abused, can be used and eventually get yourself in trouble.

So to learn from this lesson, I learned to say "No":
  • Whenever someone asks me to smoke with them... No!
  • Whenever people asks me some favors that I know I cannot fulfill... No!
  • Whenever asked to go to some event that I'm not sure that I can go... No!
  • Whenever somebody asks me to go to drink and there is work the next day... No!

From this list, I can be a better man. At least I'm transparent to say to them that I don't have any excuses and just simply say "No".


Kapish!




See all posts >>