Be A Customer Service Representative


"Right or wrong, the customer is always right."
 - Marshall Field

I have been a call center representative for almost 8 years. Day in and day out (whatever time zone or shift I am in), I resolve customer concerns over the phone. I must've answered a million calls (or more) in that span of time.

And from those calls, I learned different things. And those are the things I will be sharing to you in this article. What made me out of working as a customer service representative...
  • Patient. I dealt with different people in different walks of life. So I learned to be patient in listening and understanding their concerns. Every time  they are being irate and unreasonable, I develop the patience mode on these types of customers.
  • Emphatic. I put myself in every customers' situation has been a great help for me since I learned how they felt. And from there I give them my personal commitment that I will help, if they help themselves.
  • Active Listening. Signals, signs or hints that tell you what they really want. So I learned to focus on their concerns and find solutions the fastest way.
  • Respecting The Job. So if you have been in this job, you know how customers are. So you don't want to have the karma of what you do to other customer service front-ends, right?
  • Positive Scripting. Whatever you want to do on that call, you can't. Since it might be monitored, I make sure I explain my scopes and expectations before I do something. And to deliver that, I need whatever positive things to say so to not emphasize the negative ideas.

So if you want to learn how to help people, be a customer service rep and you'll get the reality that people aren't nice at all. But from those negativity, you'll learn the things I listed above to use in life and for the people that are important. Just like my family.

Kapish!



See all posts >>