Electronic Bonding


"Nothing is more exciting and bonding in relationships than creating together."
 - Stephen R. Covey

In the age of technology and social media, more and more people are trying to stay connected. They use these mediums to communicate their ideas and thoughts to other people.

I have nothing against and fully support this trend because I communicate my ideas to my readers through blogging.

But whenever  I see a family that sits in a restaurant, checking their phones and tablets, not talking to each other. I can't help but think, is this the quality time nowadays?

When I spend time with friends, some of them takes out their smartphones and not really listen to our stories, our laughs, our feelings and our opinions.

I don't want to have these kinds of bonding. The one that I call "Electronic Bonding". I hate it.

But since we do have the COVID-19 virus unseen and no cure, we can't help but to do this in order to stay connected with our loved ones.

Here are the things that I do in these types of moments:
  • Talk to friends or family. Tell them that's its ok to check phones but its really rude to check it when someone is speaking. The essence of human bonding is slowly fading away. Don't lose it before you realize it.
  • Have an activity. Games, jokes and funny stories will get their attention. Just crack a joke or a prank that will make them remove their devices out of their attention.
  • Just use phones or tablets for picture taking. Just capture the moment of bonding and not spoil it. For me, its really rude to check phones while bonding.

For some reason, technology is trying to remove the humanity in all of us. And if your eyes are closed, every moment that we have worked for thousands of years will be for naught.


Kapish!




See all posts >>