Choose A Sport

By Angel Apurillo


"Just play. Have fun. Enjoy the game."
- Michael Jordan
Kids nowadays are so hooked up with electronic and online games. They rely solely on their fingers and eyes only to play and be happy with it. With the rise of several devices and gadgets as well as games, I'm afraid that the next generation will be as lazy as f*ck.

When we were young. Our battleground was the streets. There we play using whatever things that can be found. Slippers, cans, plastic balls, sticks, stones and others that are readily available outside. We even use sewer water to create lines for "patintero".

We played until our sweats can fill up a bucket.

And then when we outgrew the street games, I was into basketball, swimming, billiards and chess.. Although the other two are not physical sport but nonetheless still an interesting to be good at.

So, I encourage the parents out there to let your kids play outside. There are tons of benefits that we can get from playing physical games.
  • It enhances the physical and mental alertness of our kids and ourselves as well.
  • They learn the value of losing and winning out of healthy competitions.
  • When they stumble, they will learn to pick up themselves and try again.
We don't have to be competitive in terms of these sports.

This is also not for the kids only. This post is also for the young once as well. As for me, I'm into running right now and hopefully, I can do swimming again.

And as a father, I don't want my kids to rely on modern technology to be entertained. I want them to be physical and do any physical activity.

Kapish!