10 Minute Task Rule

By Angel Apurillo

"The task of the leader is to get his people from where they are to where they have not been."
 - Henry A. Kissinger

I have a problem with finishing tasks. I'm pretty much sure you also have these. And I have tried different things to finish it as soon as possible but sometimes time is our enemy. It makes our lives difficult because of it.

Emails, urgent tasks, and regular jobs that's within my scope are the things I jumble when I'm at work. When I'm at home, the same goes.

So I thought of a way to standardize things. And I was successful in doing so. I want to share it with you...

  • Important Versus Urgent. We need to separate tasks with what is important and what is urgent. Although all tasks are important and urgent, we need to learn how to categorize them.
  • Doable In 10 Minutes. If tasks can be done in 10 minutes or less, then do it right away. We will able to see the difference of taking care of those easy tasks before handling the hard ones.
  • Leave The Things You Are Not Involved With. Don't be involved too much with work. When I say this, Don't nose around if you are not concerned with this task. Don't be an ass-kisser and work on things you work on but get nothing in return. Just do what is needed from you.

With these things I mentioned above, you will gain more time for yourself. Just be mindful that when needed, you will be able to deliver. This way, with small effort, there is big impact that awaits you.


Kapish!