Things I Learned From Heneral Luna Movie


"My patriotic heart bleeds red, white and blue."
 - Unknown

There are quite a few Filipino movies that tackles about its history. I'm not sure why and it beats the hell out of me. I mean why don't we have movies that has sense instead of having mistresses and out of marriage relationships?

And watching this movie gave me hope that the Philippines will be one of the great countries someday.

With this article, I'll share you the things I learned from the movie Heneral Luna.
  • Patriotism. This is what lacks Filipinos. We are so unpatriotic when it comes to our own country. Count how many Filipinos will say they are when in triumph and when in desperate times. I'll bet the latter will get a few odd number next to zero.
  • Sacrifice. In order to have freedom, we have to sacrifice even our own families. We are so family oriented but we need to learn that family is next before country. "Bayan muna bago sarili".
  • Intelligence. Antonio Luna, although did not win any war, is one of the best general the Philippines ever had. He was not a soldier in the first place. But he learned what needs to be learned about war and he applied it. Even the enemies were astounded by his tactics and strategies in combat.
  • Wisdom. Aside from his war knowledge, he is also a chemist, poet philosopher, painter, musician and others that you could only imagine. A human needs to be having some kind of art in himself (like music, painting etc.) to become a man. He has more knowledge than any other Filipinos would know in their lifetime.
  • Being A Good Asshole. Antonio Luna is not the leader you would want in the military. But soldiers follow him. Because he is fighting with his heart. If only we can see it right away, then the Philippines could be one super country.
I was awaken with this movie. And with this, I'm going to start a revolution though writing and learning. I'm not anymore ashamed of being a Filipino. I want to die for my country in any way I can.


Kapish!



See all posts >>