Social Media Unwritten Rules


Don’t say anything online that you wouldn’t want plastered on a billboard with your face on it.
 - Erin Bury

I have been spending a lot of time using the internet especially on social media. I use it to market and sell my products. And while browsing different social media, I see several things that should not be on there. So many things that makes me cringe.

I know that I don't have any business with other people do with their social media but still I would be posting how it suppose to be used.

  • Social media is for fun and acquaintance. From day one, this is the sole purpose of these apps and sites. These are for funny things and connect with old and new friends. If you don't use them for this purpose, you're a troll.
  • Don't ask for attention. Sharing posts and asking people to like it is a big mistake. Being an attention seeker is not good for you and a prey for bullying.
  • Text and chat language. Stop using text and chat abbreviations and language because it would make your typing stupid. Its going to be a habit even you're making a legal letter or paper. So type and spell words correctly.
  • Don't hate and do name calling. It's already the 21st century, things that should be left in the past should stay there. Racism and bullying should be forgotten and progress to a better connection and environment.

Stop these behaviors and follow the suggestions and I'm sure that you will be at least a decent internet user. Do it not, and you're lighting a fuse to your emotional, physiological and mental explosion.

Kapish!