Friends Versus Acquiantances


"Make new friends, but keep the old; Those are silver, these are gold."
 - Joseph Perry

People usually associate friends with people they spent time with. Online or in person, they treat people as their friends already.

But for me... its BS! Let me tell you why...

Friends are people that you can depend to. A person that is always there for you in good or bad times. Aside from family, they are your line of defense against sadness, depression, anxiety, gossip and other negative things that comes at you in your life. People that you have gone through ups and downs. Never left you behind and never judged you. Those are your true friends.

Fake friends are people that pretend to be your friend at your good times but will leave you when bad things are happening to you. They also talk negative things behind your back. Fake friends are only there when they need something from you or they get benefits from you.

Acquaintances are not really your friends. You just met these people because of work, school, projects and other things that are temporary. Some of them could develop to be your friend or fake friend. But basically they are not your friends.

Me, when I had my episode of depression and anxiety, I don't have any friends anymore. They left me hanging when I was asking for their help. They ignored, told bad things about me and judged me.

But I completely understand them because they have their own problems and responsibility.

So choose your friends wisely. Your true friends. Tight friends. You now know the difference.

Kapish!