Back To Basics

By Angel Apurillo

"It is time to return to core values, time to get back to basics , to self-discipline and respect for the law, to consideration for the others, to accepting responsibility for yourself and your family - and not shuffling it off on other people and the state."

 - John Major

In this technology driven world, everything is so complicated. We have to learn different things to keep up with life. We have to do things fast and easy.

  • We skip or eat and at the same time work or play with our online games.
  • We drink different kinds of beverages. Even it says that its good for the body, we drink it excessively.
  • We deny sleep just to play our online games or chat with someone.
  • We only connect virtually with our family and friends.
  • We only run by our online games. We only exert physical efforts with our fingers.
I, on the other hand, want to go against the flow. I already reached the point that I want to go back to how I was made. How I enjoyed life when I was young.

I'm going back to my basic life.

And here are the list that I want to go back to:

  • Eat On Time. I should be having 3 meals a day. No excuses.
  • Drink Water. Lots of it. Around 2 liters per day.
  • Stop Smoking.  'Nuff said!
  • Get Enough Sleep. 8 hours a day, the better.
  • More Family Time. More importannt than anything else.
  • Exercise. Need to perspire the natural way.

There''s still a lot more to go back to. But I'm pretty much sure I'l be happier by going back to the basics. You should try these too.

Kapish!